05 December 2009

Just For Fun!

I consider myself blessed to have the opportunity to work with people on a daily basis. I have always loved kids, and God was so good as to give me a job where I am able to interact with them almost every day. This post will intentionally be a little more light-hearted as I intend to share some of the hilarious things I hear while chatting with various kiddos.

Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order) :
  • "You should get a girl dress...that you can dance in!" ~ from one of my little girls in sunday school regarding appropriate attire for the Christmas program
  • "I cant believe you would tell an eight year old to drink beer!" ~ in response to a doctor's recommendation to drink more (push fluids) to get over a viral illness
  • "Stickers? I am soo lucky to get stickers!! *slight pause* Why are you giving me stickers?" my reply: "Because you were such a good boy." his response: "Noooo, I'm a BAD boy! I was sooo crabby!! (followed by a belly laugh)" ~ one of the little guys I saw at work (keep in mind he had a huge grin on his face the entire time he was there -- certainly not crabby)
  • "Can I call you Mrs. kisses?" ~ a little boy at an after school program deciding that Miss Liz was just not going to cut it
  • "I knew it! I knew you weren't married because you aren't wearing fancy earrings. If I ever see you and you are wearing fancy earrings, I'll KNOW that you got married." ~ the astounding logic of a first grader
  • "My brother has a creepy cough too." ~ a little girl mispronouncing 'croupy' in attempt to explain why they were in the doctor's office
Hope this brings a smile to your face! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger violindow said...

No, we will call you Aunt Jemimah. Thanks for the laughs.

December 10, 2009 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home