20 December 2009

Being real

So I've been thinking about motives.  Why do I do the things I do, say the things I say?  Basically it boils down to one thing: selfishness in the form of pride.  I think I know what is best for me and how to achieve that goal.  Instead of living with an eternal perspective I am so focused on the here and now.  What will bring me pleasure -- never mind that its temporary and fleeting.  In the end I am still wanting something to fill the void.  But when I look to people or possessions to fulfill me, I always come back empty.  The only One who can completely satisfy is Christ.

"You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:13

This verse doesn't describe a half-hearted attempt.  No, it is so much more.  All of my energy should be devoted to this task.  Nothing can be more important than knowing my Savior.  Nothing.  He should be my first priority.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home