08 July 2010

Half-full or half-empty?

Today was an "Alexander day" in the worst way. I'm not saying every single thing went wrong, but the things that did sure seemed big. I realized I lost my debit card, that my medications cause dizziness, that my car died (with the windows down) while expecting a thunderstorm, and that I didn't have the energy to handle all of it. I think my biggest disappointment was not being able to go to church. I look forward to getting away from the worldly perspectives I'm surrounded by on a daily basis, the refreshment of sharing burdens and joys with fellow believers, and the opportunity to dig deeper into God's word. He knew I needed to learn another lesson though. Sometimes He just has to knock me down flat on my back to get me to understand that He is in control. I might pretend that I can handle everything, but the truth is, I can't, and never will be able to.

So, I was forced to place all my worries into the hands of my loving Father who orchestrates all of these circumstances for my good. I continue to marvel at the power of prayer and the peace that comes from casting all my cares upon Him. Fortunately, when I'm tempted to forget these things, I have godly friends who give gentle reminders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home