04 April 2015

God is good all the time: Five Minute Friday

This opportunity?

He dropped it in my lap -- and told me to chase it.
I've known for awhile I'm supposed to pursue this, 
but the timing was unclear.
I'll be honest, I doubted if it would even happen.

But God wanted to stretch my faith.

He wants to give good gifts and fulfill dreams, 
but He does it in His way and His time. 

So that, when it happens -- He gets the glory 


Psalm 37:4 says to "delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
 
Does this mean I'll get everything I want? 
Hardly, but I firmly believe God places desires 
in the hearts of His children 
with the intention of satisfying them in His perfect time. 
And I'm so excited that one of those dreams may be coming true at long last!


It seemed impossible, illogical even.

But there it was just the same.

I might be going to Uganda this summer!
Words cannot begin to express my excitement about this possibility.
For so long now I have prayed for this and God is answering those prayers in a big way.
I cannot wait to see what good things He has in store for me!
 


Pray with me, friends. 

Pray that His will is done.
That I am content and willing to wait on Him.
That I will praise Him even if this doesn't work out.
That I know He is good, no matter what happens.

~Liz
stay tuned for more details...

link up at five minute friday

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rachael said...

FMF-Wow! Its is amazing what we can hear God asking when we pause and listen.
It sounds like you are going to have an exciting summer. Just keep in mind God invited you to a work he has already begun. Praise God for he is good.
Have fun planning and prepping.

April 04, 2015 3:36 AM  
Blogger Katha said...

Thanks for sharing! We don't always know the good ahead of us, but we can trust our Father who has good things for his children!
Yay, Uganda! I hope you can go! I spent my teenage years there as a missionary kid, an amazing country. What will you be doing there? Let me know if you have any questions!

April 07, 2015 5:50 AM  
Blogger Tertiffic said...

So, speaking of Uganda. A couple that just joined our small group spent the last six years there as missionaries. I'm sure they have lots of connections if you ever need any! :)

April 08, 2015 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home