15 April 2015

Starting a New Adventure


Dear Family and Friends,


Greetings from colorful Colorado! I’ve been here for almost four years now and it is exciting to see what God has for me here. Currently I’m working in a pediatric clinic as a certified medical assistant and I’m daily learning something new while doing what I love – working with people and making a difference!
I’m also involved in my church, participate in a local community choir, fellowship with other young adults through a weekly Bible study and have been taking classes through Colorado Christian University in order to pursue my nursing degree. While at CCU, I connected with one of my professors through common interests and goals.
She is the co-founder of an organization in Eastern Uganda that serves to educate and empower widows and orphans infected or affected by HIV/Aids. (http://loverowan.org/). I have the incredible opportunity to spend two weeks in Uganda with ROWAN on a volunteer trip this summer!
I will be using my abilities with music, teaching children, counseling and medical knowledge as I seek to serve wherever I am needed. My team is made up of young adult women and we will be going to various villages for home visits in order to assess needs so they can be met. This organization strives to make every widow a leader and every orphan a loved child, and their motto is “Hope never disappoints.”
This trip will also serve as a survey trip to determine whether God might see fit to bring me back more permanently in the future. This country and these people have been in my heart and on my mind for the past few years and I sense that God will take me far away from everything and everyone I know…and I’m excited to see where that will lead.
Please pray with me as I prepare and consider if you would like to be involved in this adventure. My trip costs are minimal—only $3,000 total and I have already raised a quarter of that amount. I’ve included the link to my donation page below, or checks can be mailed to:

ROWAN
PO Box 1055
Acton, CA 93510
(Be sure to include “Liz Kliewer mission” on subject line)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home